Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2mm Lead and Pencils

 
Posted by Picasa
It seems I have more lead then pencils. Here awhile back I saw these Faber Castell drawing leads in these nice clear green tubes so I jumped on them. These must be old because Faber Castell uses different container for their 2mm lead today. Most all these tubes are full. I have used some of the lead and they work fine. May give away a few of them if someone is interested. I know there are plenty of 2mm fans out there. As for the pencils go most are current models but I will point out the Staedtler 925-25-20 on the left and the much older Universe 200 with the lead indicator down the side of the pencil on the right. add them all to your collections.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome find George! Judging from the reference pictures in Leadholder.com http://bit.ly/dKZJSL, they might be 30-50 years old. I had never seen that type of packaging for Faber Castell 2 mm leads before. The beauty of graphite is that it pretty much never goes bad, so they remain perfectly usable unlike ink pens that would have dried up in that same time span.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be interested in a giveaway! I use a 2mm pencil frequently. -Deb S.

    ReplyDelete