Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pentel PD 345 and PD 505

 
Posted by Picasa
One of the key pencils that got me started in collecting on a large scale was the Pentel PD 345. I was in Germany in the 70s when I first saw the Pentel PD 345 downtown at my local stationary store. At one time I had all the original colors but over time I have lost a few of them. Now we jump to 2011 and what do I see over at Germs Pencil 11 blog but a dozen stainless steel PD 505s with the green eraser and pin for lead breaks. Take one of Pentels best pencils and make it better and you have a PD 505. One of the best finds ever. Thanks Germ. Add them all to your collection.

6 comments:

  1. These are my all-time favorite mechanical pencils. I've 'hoarded' several and unabashedly put my name on each of them lest someone try to 'borrow' them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My God, Steel barreled PD505. I swear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever seen a light green PD347? Its a candy apple green/lime-ish color?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can I find the clear one with the green button and the stainless steel version?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allen, You hit the hard to find ones. The clear one came from South American and the stainless steel came from Japan. These were being sold by Germ and are the most rare of these type pencils. I have never seen them on ebay so I currently can not help you find one.

    ReplyDelete