Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It's School Supply Time

It's school supply time again. One of my favorite times of the year. I have not started looking yet because stores are still setting up but here are some items from 2007 and 2008. I started this collection in 2007. I look for those items that could be considered a collectors item in the future or have a theme that I am interested in. I also look for those items that are marked "school packs" because they are only available at the start of the school year. I do not sell items from my collection but I do have to use sites like eBay because there is just no catalog that covers the older school supplies. Some of these items are never going to be a key part of my collection but that is part of the fun. These item pictured all have the year written on the back and except for the Pentel set all get put in a box. I use a sharpie stainless steel refillable marker for the job. Most of these items are inexpensive except for the Pentel set which was $13.00. My next 4 or 5 posts will all be old school supplies from years past. I am also looking forward to reviews from others on the new items for 2009.




Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. I've spotted that Pentel set at Costco not too long ago. Looks like something that would be really useful for a kid actually going through school. I tend to pick up a few supplies once the Back to School sections leftovers are clearanced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Costco in Austin Texas is where I got the Pentel set. Pentel did a good job with this item.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. I can't wait for the middle of August when the school supplies sales will be in full swing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you have a zebra sarasa? If you would give it away please do choose me. I am having a hard time looking one here in manila. I hope you could dispense just one pen for me in your collections. Oh by the way a three color clip on jetream would be a nice idea too. But its up to you if which one would you freely give

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. School supply time is definitely a great thing to look forward to every year. The kids never have to ask twice when it comes to shopping for school supplies.

    ReplyDelete