Monday, August 15, 2011

BIC Pens From Around The World

 

Posted by Picasa
I like many of you have always had BIC pens at one time or another. The BIC cristal has been around for 50 years and the original BIC is about all you can find here in the US. Around the world is another matter. Here is my current collection to date. I am sure there will be more additions. Countries represented here are the USA, France, England, Australia, Brazil and Mexico. All of these are refillable except one. Add all these BICs to your collection.

4 comments:

  1. Funny you should post this -- I have an upcoming post about the Bic Yellows (as seen on the bottom right of that photo). You can't get those here in the US anymore (at least not in Indiana), and a friend sent me some from the UK. I love the quality of those and the Cristals, and rate them above many nice pens that cost ten times more than these. Have you seen the How It's Made video about making Bic Cristals? It's fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bic pens! Did you travel to all the countries listed and purchase the Bic pens in the photo? I've seen a few more designs from Bic that aren't represented in your collection during my sourcing trips. Shoot me your address to boss@radandhungry.com and I'll send you a few from my personal collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first real pen I ever bought was the BIC "banana" when I was 12 back in 1966. I loved that pen and in spite of the many pens I have now I still remember that first BIC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved those "Accountant" fine points. And the yellow barrelled pens. The odd time I've seen them in a store, but they are in a box of 12 or something.

    ReplyDelete