Saturday, June 6, 2015

Big Red By Parker

On the left are three Parker Big Red pens. You could get these pens in either ball point or felt tip pen with these three being ball points. The orange one and the clear one are new to the Supply Room. The Big Reds were made to look like the Parker Duofold from 1921. They were made from 1970 to 1981. The clear one may be the exception because it was made in Brazil.  The three on the right are Sheaffer NoNonsense pens. Made I am sure to compete with the Parker Big Red. These are ball points and they also had as a fountain pen that used the same refill as the Sheaffer School Fountain Pen. Add all these great pens to your collection.

2 comments:

  1. I have never seen the clear one. I have seen the red one a few times, as well as other colors of the Big Red. I've never found one, as most of them I seem to find are the felt tips that no longer write. If I find a ballpoint one of these days on the cheap, I'll pick one up. I used to see them at antiques markets all the time, but I haven't seen them in a while. I have a bunch of Sheaffer No Nonsense, and they write much better than their price would suggest.

    Derek

    ReplyDelete