Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Pentel P225


Here is a Pentel pencil that is no longer being made. I have a few in my collection but it has not been one of my favorite Pentels. In the 1982 Pentel Catalog they show a black P225 with a blue P227 and a yellow P229. It appears that the P227 and P229 were not kept in the line up and are very hard to find.

Now I find that the P225 came in more then one color. Here is the red pencil. The standard black P225 is very popular among collectors but I like the colors. I am still looking for the P227 and the P229. Add them all to your collection.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed. There's just something about the P225 that I've never quite liked either. It's Ok, but never a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently received a 1979 Pentel USA catalog, and it had another variant I had never seen. A PS255 sliding sleeve, available in Red and Blue (designed to go with the corresponding lead). The sleeve slid from 2mm to retracted all the way.

    ReplyDelete