Thursday, March 22, 2012

SunSet Colored Pencils

 
Posted by Picasa
Back on 6 September 2011 I posted the Worlds Best Pencils which was a cardboard counter display of Empire Sunset Combination #156 red and blue wooden pencils. Here is another counter top display but unlike the one from last year this one has never been used. I am posting just one of these displays but when I bought them I got two which is a total of 72 pencils not counting the post of 6 Sept. 2011. These are made by the Empire Pencil Company of Shelbyville, Tennessee and I would think they are at least 50 years old. I will have to wait till next month some time but if anyone would like a Empire Sunset Combination #156 red and blue pencil there will be some for a give away at that time. These are great US made pencils from a great maker, Empire.

2 comments:

  1. These are great, where do you find all of the older displays?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three places, garage sales, ebay and the closing of local stationary stores. I currently have 16 cardboard pen and pencil displays. Maybe 10 metal or plastic displays and that would include the large Pentel cabinets. I recommend that you keep an eye open for cardboard, metal or plactic counter top displays and add them to your collection.

    ReplyDelete